About Our Department
Nursing Research has a huge impact on present and future professional Nursing practice, making it an important part of the training process. Narayana College of Nursing encourages and supports Nurses to participate in research in order to develop a firm foundation of evidence upon which to construct stronger health-care practices and has adequate infrastructure to enable teaching- learning and research activities and consists of experienced faculty members with inestimable passion for teaching and research activities. Nursing research was commenced in the year of 2004 with B.Sc (N) program, with M.Sc.(N) in the year of 2008, with PBBSC (N) in the year of 2010 and Ph.D in the year of 2018 in the specialty of obstetrics and gynecological Nursing, Medical Surgical Nursing, Psychiatry Nursing. The Nursing Research subject taught to G.N.M, B.Sc (N), P.B.B.Sc (N), and M.Sc (N). The goal is to achieve better care standards and applications for patients and families.
Narayana college of Nursing will be a universal leader for innovations, researches, education, attitude and practice to create positive changes in all health care outcomes.
- Describe the concepts of research, terms, need and areas of research in nursing.
- Explain the steps of research project.
- Identify and state the research problems and objects.
- Review literature utilizing various sources.
- Describe the research approaches and design.
- Explain the sampling process.
- Describe the methods of data collection.
- Analyze, interpret and summarize the research data.
- Explain the use of statistics, scales of measurement and graphical presentation of data.
- Describe the measures of central tendency, variability and methods of correlation.
- Describe vital statistics and there use in health related research.
- Use of statistical packages for data analysis.
- Communicate and utilize the research findings.
- Critically evaluate nursing research studies.
- Write scientific paper for publication
- Students will enhance their knowledge with various teaching methods.
- Students will enrich their knowledge in research through applying their theoretical knowledge into conducting a research project.
- It improves research expertise and interprofessional development.
- Carry out a substantial research-based project
- Demonstrate capacity to improve student achievement, engagement and retention
- Demonstrate capacity to lead and manage change through collaboration with others
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ethical issues associated with practitioner research
- Analyze data and synthesize research findings
- Report research findings in written and verbal forms
- Use research findings to advance education theory and practice.
On completion of this subject, participants should be able to:
Plan Of Action
- (BRICS)2 method
- Concept mapping
- Jigsaw method
- Practice teaching classes
- Quiz competitions
- Group discussion
- problem based learning, Inter professional learning,
- computer assisted learning method,
- competency based learning method,
- Critical thinking.
- Organizing FDPS
- Attending enrichment programs.
- Attending conferences
- Presenting poster/ papers in conference & workshop
- Short term courses/refreshment courses.
- Performance appraisal for progress.
- Faculty development program.
- Conducting conferences and workshops.
- Publications and presentations.
- Institutional Innovation Council.
- Institutional Ethics Committee.
- Doctoral committee.
- Research grants.
- Students will enrich their knowledge in research through applying their theoretical knowledge into conducting a research project in community
- Use research findings to advance education theory and practices in different setting.