About Our Department
Child health nursing is a specialized area of nursing practice concerned with the care of children from conception
to adolescence. The department educates students with a handful of clinical expertise in the care of children with
medical-surgical disorders to become competitive professional nurses. The well-equipped, advanced, and fully
functional laboratory with facilities of simulator mannequins, articles and play materials to explicit firsthand
experience for students in Paediatric Lab. Students have inexhaustible exposure to clinical areas like pediatric
medical wards, pediatric emergency, NICU, PICU, and OPD. Practical skills are supervised and escalated by case
studies, case presentations, health education, nursing audit, nursing rounds, and weekly practical examinations to
enable students to function as educators, managers, and researchers in future.
The robustness of the department is sprawling by the parasol of core competencies such as professionalism, collaboration, teamwork, creativity, imagination, interpersonal and communication skills, critical-thinking, problem-solving, practice-based learning and challenging situations with alacrity. The department is giving astonishing results in the university examinations, not less than 98-100% of results in the child health nursing subject.
Narayana college of Nursing will be a universal leader for innovations, researches, education, attitude and practice to create positive changes in all health care outcomes.
The department's mission is to provide the dynamic environment to facilitate the practice of child health nursing that offers excellent education, world-class facilities, and the spirit to serve the children. The department emphasizes empathetic and quality care by the students thereby focuses to promote on all-around development of the growing individuals.
- Apply growth and developmental theories while providing care to the children.
- Recognize the child as a holistic individual.
- Identify legal and ethical issues pertaining to pediatric and neonatal nursing.
- Integrate the concept of family centered pediatric nursing care.
- Implement evidence based nursing practice in the field of pediatric/neonatal nursing.
- Expertise and in-depth understanding in applying nursing process.
- Understand and utilise recent technology in the field of pediatrics.
After completion of Child Health Nursing in UG and PG Progamme, the pediatric Nursing student can able to:
Plan Of Action
- CONDUCTING SEMINAR AND WORKSHOPS ON RECENT TRENDS AND CONCEPTS IN PEDIATRICS
- VISIT TO CRECHE, ANGANWADI, WELL BABY CLINIC TO ASSESS THE CHILDREN FOR NORMAL AND ABNORMAL GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT.
- ORGANIZING SCHOOL HEALTH CAMPS COLLABORATING WITH COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSING DEPARTMENT
- ASSESSMENT OF CHILDREN AT COMMUNITY AREAS BY CONDUCTING HEALTH AWARENESS PROGRAMME FOR PARENTS RELATED TO CHILD HEALTH
- TO BE ACTIVE IN RESEARCH ACTIVITIES TO INCREASE DEPARTMENT PUBLICATION IN INDEXED JOURNALS
- Game based Learning
- Theory based learning through (BRICS) 2
- Competency Based Procedures.
- Critical analysis
- Experiential learning
- Clinical presentations
- Nursing Audit in clinical
- Nursing Rounds in clinical
- Capstone project